Team of AUEB's Dept of Accounting & Finance won the local CFA Institute "Global Investment Research Challenge" and will now compete against teams from EMEA on April 10-11, 2013
The Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of Accounting & Finance Team won the local CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute "Global Investment Research Challenge". The Team will now compete against teams from EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa), on April 10-11, 2013, in London, UK. This is the second time the Department of Accounting & Finance team has achieved this successful result, as the Department team had also won the local competition two years ago.
How the Challenge works
Local CFA Societies host and launch an Investment Research Challenge in conjunction with the participating universities. The universities organize teams of 3-5 students who write a research report for a company selected by the CFA society. The subject of the analysis in the Greek competition was "S&B Industrial Minerals S.A.".
- Analysis of a Public Company: Teams research a publicly traded company. Company management presents to the teams and participates in a Q&A session.
- Faculty advisors: Each team has a Faculty Advisor, who provides guidance and direction to the Team throughout all levels of competition.
- Mentoring By a Professional Research Analyst: Each team works with an investment professional, who mentors the team on research process and reviews and critiques its report.
- Writing a Research Report: Each team produces an initiation of coverage report on the chosen company. The report is reviewed and scored by a group of judges.
- Presentation of Research to a High-Profile Panel of Experts: Teams present their research to a panel of experts from top financial institutions. The team with the highest combined report and presentation score is the winner.
- Advancement to the CFA Institute Global Challenge: The winners of local competitions advance to compete against teams within their geographic region (America, Europe & Asia), culminating in a global finale competition.
The members of the Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of Accounting & Finance Team are:
- Basiou Vasiliki, BSc student in Accounting & Finance,
- Binas George, MSc student in Accounting & Finance, Full Time (AUEB BSc Accounting & Finance Graduate),
- Kefalogiannis George, BSc student in Accounting & Finance,
- Kioukis Stavros, MSc student in Accounting & Finance, Full Time (AUEB BSc Accounting & Finance Graduate), and
- Zeritis George, BSc student in Accounting & Finance
- Anagnostopoulou Seraina, PhD, CFA, Lecturer in Accounting, Accounting & Finance Dept.
- Giamouridis Daniel, PhD, Associate Professor of Finance, Accounting & Finance Dept.
Tsakiridis Kyriakos, CFA, Fund Manager at ATE Mutual Funds
For further information please access http://www.cfainstitute.org/partners/challenge/Pages/index.aspx