Quality Assurance Policy
ATHENS UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS
QUALITY ASSURANCE POLICY
(Decision taken at the 16th/05-07-2018 meeting of the AUEB Senate)
Athens University of Economics and Business implements a quality policy aimed at continuously improving the quality of the curricula, research activities and administrative services of the Institution, with the goal of upgrading the University’s academic and administrative work and its overall operations.
The achievement of this goal is realized through the University’s commitment to the provision of high quality services, in order to continuously respond to the needs as well as the expectations of its students and alumni; its teaching, research and administrative staff; the various stakeholders that work cooperatively with the University; and the society.
With the fundamental goal of international recognition as a center of excellence in the scientific fields of Economics, Business Administration and Information Sciences, Athens University of Economics and Business establishes, implements, monitors and maintains a Quality Assurance System. The Quality Assurance System determines the processes relevant to the efficient organization of academic as well as non-academic services, the efficient management of resources, the effective utilization and development of the University’s human resources, and the University’s compliance with the specifications of the Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQA). Moreover, it defines the responsibility of the University Leadership with regard to the efficient implementation of the Quality Assurance System and supports the academic principles of ethics and prevention of discrimination.
The implementation of the University's quality objectives is contingent upon:
- An orientation toward the complete satisfaction of students’ needs through the provision of high quality education in modern disciplines, in combination with research and internships.
- A focus on satisfying the needs of the Institution’s human resources through their participation in decision making and their continuing education and skills enhancement.
- High quality performance by the Institution, through systematic actions designed to improve its structure, processes and human resources, and to effectively utilize all available resources to promote its efficient functioning.
- Effective management of the Institution through the adoption of specific objectives, and based on an Internal Quality Assurance System.
- Strengthening the international prestige of the Institution and enhancing the visibility of the overall contribution that it offers to the international academic community as well as to the wider community.
- Transparency and compliance with the University’s “Regulations and Procedures” by the various interest groups.
- Operation of the Institution according to internationally accepted standards of quality.
- A focus on excellence, innovation, entrepreneurship and extroversion through synergies with other educational institutions, the public sector, and the private sector in Greece and abroad.
The quality policy is directly linked to, and forms an integral part of, the Institution’s Strategic Plan, which is based on the following pillars:
- Strengthening and excellence of research
- Excellence in education
- Effective utilization of produced knowledge
- Modern University environment
An essential prerequisite for the effective implementation of the Internal Quality Assurance System is a clear commitment from the University’s Leadership, academic and administrative departments, personnel and students, in accordance with the roles they play within the context of quality assurance.
The University Leadership undertakes the responsibility to contribute to:
- Harmonization of the quality policy with the overall strategic goals of the Institution at the academic and administrative levels of functioning.
- Dissemination of the quality policy to the academic and administrative staff, at all levels of administration, and to the representatives of the University community (staff, students, collaborating partners, etc.) through regular informational meetings and through the exchange of opinions with regard to the Internal Quality Assurance System.
- Ensuring the resources necessary for the implementation of the quality policy and the smooth functioning of the Internal Quality Assurance System.
- Monitoring the implementation of the quality objectives, the key performance indicators (KPIs) and the overall operation of the Internal Quality Assurance System through annual reviews.
- Decision making with regard to the continuous improvement in the quality of the educational, research and administrative activities of the Institution within the framework of the review of the Internal Quality Assurance System.
- Development of a suitable operating environment for the Quality Assurance Unit (QAU), its staffing with sufficient and highly qualified personnel, as well as their regular training and evaluation.
Within this context, the Leadership of Athens University of Economics and Business actively supports the evaluation procedures of the Institution which are coordinated by the Quality Assurance Unit (QAU). Parallel to this, it encourages the use of various Total Quality Management tools in order for the Internal Quality Assurance System to operate at the Institution.
The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Unit, as well as the structure of the Internal Quality Assurance System of the Institution, are published on the web page of the Unit and are available at: https://www.aueb.gr/el/modip.