Οδηγίες σύνδεσης στο ασύρματο δίκτυο για τα WINDOWS 7/VISTA ENG
(Note: in case you have access to the eduroam network in your home institution, and you have configured your computer for it, you can connect to the Internet usingeduroam, which is accessible in most places in AUEB campus. In this case you dont need to follow the instructions below)
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose Manage wireless networks -> Add.
- Choose Manually create a network profile.
- Fill in the following:
- Network name: AUEB-Wireless
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Click on Next and choose Change connection settings.
- In Security tab, in Network Authentication Method choose Protected EAP (PEAP) and click on Settings.
- Uncheck Validate Server Certificate.
- In Authentication Method choose Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) and click Configure.
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows Logon name and password (and domain if any) and click on OK.
- In a few seconds you can see the message Additional information is required to connect to AUEB-Wireless at the lower right of the desktop. Click on it and fill in the following in the window that opens:
|User name: aueb
Logon domain must remain empty.
- Click on ΟΚ, and after a few seconds the message Successfully connected to AUEB-Wireless appears. In case the window called Set Network Locationappears, choose Work or Public location.
- Open a Web Browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), and after a few seconds you can see a form, where you fill in the Username/Password you use for the Internet services of AUEB. Click on Login, and your computer gets access to the Internet.