Team of AUEB's Dept of Accounting & Finance won the local CFA Institute Research Challenge and will now compete against teams from EMEA on April 01-02, 2014
The Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of Accounting & Finance Team won the local CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute Research Challenge. The Team will now compete against teams from EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa), on April 01-02, 2014, in Milan, Italy.
How the Challenge works
Local CFA Societies host and launch an Investment Research Challenge in conjunction with the participating universities. The universities organize teams of 3-5 students who write a research report for a company selected by the CFA society. The subject of the analysis in the Greek competition was "Plaisio Computers S.A.".
- Analysis of a Public Company: Teams research a publicly traded company. Company management presents to the teams and participates in a Q&A session.
- Faculty Advisors: Each team has a Faculty Advisor, who provides guidance and direction to the Team throughout all levels of competition.
- Mentoring By a Professional Research Analyst: Each team works with an investment professional, who mentors the team on research process and reviews and critiques its report.
- Writing a Research Report: Each team produces an initiation of coverage report on the chosen company. The report is reviewed and scored by a group of judges.
- Presentation of Research to a High-Profile Panel of Experts: Teams present their research to a panel of experts from top financial institutions. The team with the highest combined report (50%) and presentation (50%) score is the winner.
- Advancement to the CFA Institute Global Challenge: The winners of local competitions advance to compete against teams within their geographic region (America, Europe & Asia), culminating in a global finale competition.
The members of the Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of Accounting & Finance Team are:
Kaffe Charikleia, BSc student in Accounting & Finance,
Kontogianni Evgenia, BSc student in Accounting & Finance,
Santamouri Aikaterini, BSc student in Accounting & Finance,
Tsavalos Christos, PhD student in Finance, and
Tzakos Vassilis, BSc student in Accounting & Finance.
Demirakos Efthimios, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Accounting & Finance Dept.
Leledakis George, Assistant Professor of Finance, Accounting & Finance Dept.
Efthymiou Vassilis, PhD, CFA, Portfolio Manager at European Reliance Asset Management.
For further information please access http://cfainstitute.org/community/challenge/Pages/index.aspx