The team of AUEB's Dept. of Accounting & Finance won the local CFA Institute "Global Investment Research Challenge" and will now compete against teams from EMEA
The team of AUEB's Department of Accounting & Finance won the local
CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) Institute
"Global Investment Research Challenge". The Team will now compete against teams from EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa), on March 3,
Local CFA Societies host and launch an Investment Research Challenge in conjunction with the participating universities.
The universities organize teams of 3-5 students who write a research report for a company selected from by the CFA society. The subject of the analysis in the Greek competition was "Titan Cement Company S.A.".
The Investment Research Challenge is composed by the following:
- Analysis of a Public Company: Teams research a publicly traded company (market cap range from €300m to €10bn). Company management presents to the teams and participates in a Q&A session.
- Faculty advisors: Each team has a Faculty Advisor, who provides guidance and direction to the Team throughout all levels of competition.
- Mentoring By a Professional Research Analyst: Each team works with an investment professional, who mentors the team on research process and reviews and critiques its report.
- Writing a Research Report: Each team produces an initiation of coverage report on the chosen company. The report is reviewed and scored by a group of judges.
- Presentation of Research to a High-Profile Panel of Experts: Teams present their research to a panel of experts from top financial institutions. The team with the highest combined report and presentation score is the winner.
- Advancement to the CFA Institute Global Challenge: The winners of local competitions advance to compete against teams within their geographic region (America, Europe & Asia), culminating in a global finale competition.
The members of the Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of Accounting & Finance Team are:
- Aggelopoulos Giorgos, PhD candidate in Finance (MSc in Accounting & Finance)
- Apostolidi Maria, PhD candidate in Accounting, (BSc in Accounting & Finance)
- Ferderigos Dionyssis, MSc in Accounting & Finance, Part Time
- Stratelos Nikos, MSc in Accounting & Finance, Full Time
- Faculty Advisors
- Anagnostopoulou Seraina, PhD, CFA, Lecturer in Accounting, Accounting & Finance Dept.
- Giamouridis Daniel, PhD, Assistant Professor of Finance, Accounting & Finance Dept.
- Vidakis Antonis, CFA, MSCI, Senior Manager Valuation & Business Modelling, Ernst & Young BAS S.A.
For further information about the CFA Institute "Global Investment Research Challenge", please access the