Professor Phoebe Koundouri participates to UN SDSN Senior Working Group on European Green Deal and Lancet Commission on COVID-19
An analysis of each initiative follows
1. UN SDSN Senior Working Group on European Green Deal
This group will support the implementation of the European Green Deal (EGD) and facilitate participation of national stakeholders and local experts through SDSN’s European networks to advise and provide support to the European Commission.
Objectives of the Group:
- Identify and promote pathways to decarbonization within and across EU Member States.
- Identify and promote adaptation pathways within and across EU Member States.
- Provide strategic recommendations and mobilize experts for the ongoing implementation of the European Green Deal through SDSN networks.
- Mobilize experts to “rethink policies for clean energy supply and climate adaptation projects, across the economy, industry, production and consumption, large-scale infrastructure, transport, food and agriculture, construction, taxation and social benefits”.
- Mobilize stakeholders in partnership with the SDSN European networks to guarantee local engagement and support for these policies.
Chairs: Prof. Phoebe Koundouri and Prof. Jeffrey Sachs
More informations: http://www.unsdsn.gr/pathways-to-achieve-the-european-green-deal-senior
2. UN SDSN Lancet Commission on COVID-19
Professor Phoebe Koundouri is member of Lancet Commission on COVID-19 , which is directed by UN SDSN and Columbia Sustainable Development Institute. The Commission aims to engage global leaders to promote best practices in the control of pandemic, the social protection of basic needs, and the recovery of the global economy.