AUEB hosts the organization of the International Workshop titled "Images of Virtuality: Conceptualizations and Applications in Everyday Life" (23-24/4/2009)
The Department of Management Science and Technology and the Laboratory ISTLab/OIS of AUEB host the organization of the International Workshop titled "Images of Virtuality: Conceptualizations and Applications in Everyday Life", which will be held at AUEB on April, 23-24, 2009. The workshop local organizers are Angeliki Poulymenakou (Associate Professor in Information Systems Management) and Anthony Papargyris (PhD in IS candidate at DMST), with the support of ISTLab/OIS and the Department of Management Science and Technology (DMST) of AUEB.
The workshop is organized under the patronage of International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) and the Working Group 9.5 "Virtuality and Society" (of which A. Poulymenakou and A. Papargyris are founder members).
The International Workshop will include research paper presentations, poster presentations and discussions in-progress and doctoral research works on issues, such as:
- Discussions on problems of design, construction, adoption, and use of IS of virtuality.
- Exploring new e-research methodologies and techniques on inquiring social action in virtuality.
- Identification of challenging social and ethical issues of socialization in virtual environments.
- Discuss on role of digital representation in multi-user remote collaboration.
- Opportunities and challenges for education, governance, and entrepreneurship in virtual worlds.
- Emerging issues of e-policy and e-quality of life.
Local Organizing Committee:
For more information, please visit: http://www.ImagesOfVirtuality.org