AUEB announces the 7th Annual Summer School and Conference in Competition and Regulation (CRESSE), which will take place from June 30th to July 13th 2012
Seventh International Summer School and Conference on Competition
Chania - Crete, Greece, June 30th to July 13th 2012
Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) announces the 7th European Summer School and Conference in Competition and Regulation (CRESSE) that will be held in the seaside resort of Galatas - Chania, in Crete
THE CRESSE SUMMER SCHOOL - June 30th to July 13th 2012
As in previous years, CRESSE 2012 Summer School aspires to provide an intellectually and professionally rewarding experience for all its participants. The CRESSE Faculty consists of some of the very top European and American economists and legal experts in Competition and Regulation from over 25 distinguished Universities, as well as from law practices, authorities and economic consultancies.
The Summer School provides a comprehensive account of the most up-to-date developments in economic theory, empirical analysis and legislation in Competition Policy and Sectoral Regulation.
The content is largely non-technical and case-study based and is organized in nine self-contained Modules of 16-hour (maximum) duration.
THE CRESSE CONFERENCE - July 6th to 8th 2012
The CRESSE 2012 Conference theme will be
"Advances in the Analysis of Competition Policy and Regulation"
CRESSE 2012 Keynote Speakers:
- - CRESSE Conference Competition Policy Lecture: Prof. Joe Farrell (Director, Bureau of Economics, US Federal Trade Commission)
- - JJ Laffont Lecture: Prof. Massimo Motta (Research Professor, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics)
We invite you to book your place at the 2012 CRESSE Summer School & Conference and remind you of the Special Participation Fee Discounts for:
- - Early applicants (ONLY for single participants): There is a 30% discount for those registering and paying their fees by 28th February 2012 and a 15% discount for those registering and paying their fees before 28th March 2012.
- - Organisations: If an organisation pays €3.600 it is entitled to send two of its employees to attend any number of the and the Conference.
- - Past participants: There is a 50% discount for all past participants who wish to attend 2012 Summer School courses.
- - Postgraduate Students who are not in full time employment can attend any number of the School Modules and the Conference at the reduced fee of €1.200.
The fee for Conference is €400. Conference Speakers and Discussants get a 50% discount. Summer School participants of the Core Modules (Mod. 1-7) can also attend the CRESSE Conference without any extra charge.
For further details regarding Participation Fees please visit the respective link.
Deadline for Summer School and Conference Applications: 4th June 2012.
(for attending the Summer School AND the Conference)
(for participating in the Conference ONLY)
The 2012 CRESSE Summer School and Conference will be hosted at the Kalliston Grecotel Hotel which is located in the seaside resort of Galatas, about 4,5km from the Chania Town (Crete - Greece).
For all further information on the School and the Conference please access the Summer School Website www.cresse.infoor contact the Summer School Secretariat (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +30 210 8203348).