There are a number of alumni associations that are active within the AUEB community. They are described below.
- AUEB (formerly ASOEE) ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- The AUEB Alumni Association, whose purpose is to promote the University within the broader environment of the economic and business life of Greece, has played a significant role in the development of the University. Since January 2010, the AUEB Alumni Association has been operating with a new charter and the goal of creating channels of communication between the older and the younger generation of AUEB alumni.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (DMST)
The Alumni Association of the Department of Management Science and Technology, DMST Alumni, was established in February 2005 in order to develop strong ties between its members. Its main objective is the continuous organization and management of mutual support services for students and alumni of the Department of Management Science and Technology, starting from the day they register in the Department, in order to create a community-family in which the older members of the community help the younger ones and the younger ones help the older ones. This goal is achieved through the use of advanced skills, techniques and technologies.
The vision of DMST Alumni is to create a sense of strong common identity among all members of the DMST community. Moreover, it contributes to the professional development of its alumni through the organization of a number of events, conferences and seminars.
In order to support the growing number of alumni who are either continuing their studies or pursuing a career abroad, a “branch” of the DMST Alumni has been set up in England to serve those living abroad and also to provide information to those residing in Greece who wish to go abroad.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF THE ATHENS MBA PROGRAMME
Athens MBA Alumni was created in 2000, with the goal of providing continuing and uninterrupted communication between current students and alumni from past years, and their ongoing interconnection with the University community.
Athens MBA Alumni monitors developments with regard to the Master’s Programme and participates creatively in every effort to upgrade and improve it, in collaboration with the University community. The publication “Newsletters” summarizes these activities. Moreover, the Association organizes various events, such as conferences and social events.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF THE EXECUTIVE MBA PROGRAMME
- The Executive MBA Alumni was founded in 2001 and aims to reunite and facilitate social interaction between members, as well as to provide them with scientific information, professional support and mutual assistance. This particular alumni association tries to unite the entire Executive MBA world – graduates, students and professors – under a common vision. The vision is to create a stable, lifetime relationship – intellectual and emotional – among graduates of the Executive MBA Programme, and to provide support and development to the alumni, the Programme, the University, and Society as a whole.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF THE MBA INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME
The AUEB i-MBA Alumni Association – the alumni association of the MBA International Programme – was created in 2002. It tries to continually increase its membership and to develop strong ties between the Programme’s students and alumni, the business world and the University.
The vision of the i-MBA Alumni Association is to create a sense of identity and unity among the Programme’s alumni and future graduates of the MBA International Programme.
The i-MBA Alumni Association also aims to create a strong “brand name” in the Alumni Association, which will work closely with the Programme within a framework of mutual interest, and will be composed of people who are willing to participate, to provide assistance and, more generally, to contribute to the Association's activities. In order to achieve its goals more effectively and efficiently, the Association has divided its fields of interest into those related to academic issues, career issues, technologies, marketing, publications (through the publication of the newsletter “i-MBA Scope”) and social events.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF THE MASTER’S PROGRAMME ΙΝ FINANCE AND BANKING
The AUEB Alumni Association of Banking and Finance was established in April 2002. The primary objectives of the Association are to:
• Promote the Master’s Programme in the labor market, as well as to promote continuous training of the Programme’s alumni, which is an essential condition for their professional development in a highly competitive and demanding working environment.
• Create a channel for communication and collaboration among alumni of the Programme, as well as with the rest of the academic community.
• Organize events and seminars in the context of lifelong learning and promote the ongoing contact of members of the Association with the academic community and with contemporary economic issues.
• Disseminate information regarding the reputation of the Programme, and contribute to ongoing efforts to enrich the Programme.
• Publicize a significant number of targeted ads for available jobs.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF THE MASTER’S PROGRAMME IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The AUEB HR Society, the alumni association of the Master’s Programme Ιn Human Resource Management, was created in 2005 through the initiative of the first graduates of the full-time and part-time Master’s Programme in Human Resource Management at Athens University of Economics and Business. The HR Society currently has 131 members.
The vision of the HR Society is to create and sustain a sense of identity and unity among alumni of the Programme, by maintaining open channels of communication between them, the University, the labor market and the society. The aims of the HR Society are scientific and professional development of its members, defense and advancement of their professional interests, and improvement in the conditions related to the exercise of their profession. The Society also aims to offer the services of its members to Athens University of Economics and Business, to the fullest extent possible, in order to strengthen the University’s teaching and research work and to promote and cultivate Human Resource Management in Greece, within the context of the members’ responsibilities and scientific capabilities. Moreover, the purpose of the HR Society is to organize events (celebratory and others) that are related to the development and strengthening of relationships between its members.
The mission of the HR Society is the formulation and observance of a code of professional ethics; the establishment of committees and working groups to investigate any matter related to the purposes of the Society; the cooperation of the Society with corresponding alumni associations; the organization of lectures, seminars and conferences on a national and international level on topics related to human resource management; the conducting of studies, publications and research with regard to human resources management; and cooperation with individuals and other associations, foundations, companies, government agencies and so on, both in Greece and abroad, to promote the aims of the Society.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF THE MASTER’S PROGRAMME IN APPLIED ECONOMICS AND FINANCE
The Applied Economics and Finance Alumni Association of the Department of Economics at AUEB was founded in February 2006 as an initiative of the first graduating class of the Master’s Programme in Applied Economics and Finance.
The objectives of the Association are to enhance the visibility of the Master’s Programme and to promote it in the labor market, to support its students and alumni in their professional careers, to develop relationships with educational and business organizations within Greece and abroad, and to create a dynamic “community" of students and graduates.
Within this context, the Association carries out activities to cultivate the ongoing, long-term connection of its members with the University, and to constantly update and train them with regard to developments in the area of applied and theoretical economics.
- AUEB STUDENTS' INVESTMENT & FINANCE CLUB
- The AUEB Students' Investment & Finance Club was established at the beginning of 2013 by 22 AUEB students and AUEB graduates with the goal of providing a focal point for students who are interested in learning more about, and acquiring practical knowledge of, the fields of Finance, Investment and Consulting. It is a non-political, non-profit student initiative of a social nature and has a purely educational purpose. Students and recent graduates of Athens University of Economics and Business are eligible to apply to become members. Further information is available on the Club’s website or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.