Dr Panagiotis Repoussis is Lecturer at the Department of Marketing and Communication, School of Business at Athens University of Economics and Business (Athens, Greece) and visiting Assistant Professor at the School of Business at Stevens Institute of Technology (New Jersey, USA). In 2002 he was awarded a Diploma in Chemical Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens (Athens, Greece); he went on to do graduate work in Process Systems Engineering at Imperial College (London, UK) and at the Athens University of Economics and Business, completing his doctoral dissertation in November 2008.
He has published -in a variety of distinguished highly ranked international journals- a number of important papers on the design, development and application of mathematical models and computationally intelligent algorithms to aid rigorous decision making in operational planning and scheduling of resources. His work has concentrated in the areas of network design, supply chain management, inventory management, production scheduling, and freight transportation and logistics.
He has been involved with the organization of various scientific conferences and workshops, he has edited various scientific volumes and special issues, and he has also served as member of the board of directors for the Hellenic Operational Research Society. Finally, Dr. Repoussis has been also involved as senior research and principal investigator in various NSF and EU funded research projects, and his research has been funded by non-profit organizations and private companies in EU and USA.
- Operations Research and Prescriptive Analytics: Mathematical modeling and development of computational intelligent algorithms for solving complex dynamic and stochastic combinatorial optimization problems with varying dimensions and time horizons.
- Freight Transportation & Logistics: Network design and multi-modal transportation; design of reverse supply chains; terminal management; humanitarian and healthcare logistics; fleet management; maritime logistics; and vehicle routing and scheduling.
- Manufacturing & Service Operations: Energy-aware production scheduling; warehouse management; shop floor scheduling; enterprize resource planning systems; vendor managed inventory systems; and material requirements planning.
- Decision Support Systems: Development of computationally efficient exact and approximate algorithms to enable the use of data-driven, optimization-based and real-time decision support systems in operational planning and scheduling of resources.
- Business Intelligence & Expert Systems: Business intelligence and data analytics in the modern enterprize context as well as design of expert systems to aid rigorous decision making and monitoring of business processes and operations.
* Το Οικονομικό Πανεπιστήμιο Αθηνών δεν φέρει καμία ευθύνη όσον αφορά στην ακρίβεια των στοιχείων του συνοπτικού και του πλήρους βιογραφικού των μελών του προσωπικού, όπως αυτά αναρτώνται στην ιστοσελίδα του. Η ευθύνη ανήκει αποκλειστικά και μόνο στους συντάκτες των βιογραφικών σημειωμάτων.