Paraschos (Paris) Maniatis was born in Mytilene, Lesvos.
He is the son of the deceased music instructor, a choir master and former first chanter of the Metropolitan Church of Mytilene Theodore C. Maniatis and his brother is Dr.Panagiotis Th. Maniatis, first chanter (present) of the Chathedral Church of Mytilene.
He taught for 34 consecutive academic years at the following Universities:
- Wichita State University (USA),
- University of Missouri-Rolla USA),
- Truman State University (USA)
- University of Thessaly,
- University of the Aegean,
- Greek Open University,
- Kuwait Maastricht Business School (Kuwait),
- University of Portsmouth (UK),
- University of Glamorgan-Wales (UK),
- University of Strathclyde (UK).
Today, he teaches at the Athens University of Economics and Business.
He was a former full professor at Kuwait Maastricht Business School and a former Associate Professor at Truman State University in America.
He holds a PhD degree in the following disciplines:
- Engineering Logistics (Sweden) and
- Engineering Management (USA)
He is the author of the following textbooks:
- Supply Chain Management. From Theory to Practice. (2018). Da Vinci Publications
- Management through Practice. The International Approach. A book for all Greeks. (2006). Dimakarakou Publications.
Its main specialty is Facilities Design (layout planning & material (s) handling).
His research and teaching field extends to logistics, supply chain management, general management, production, statistics, economics, econometrics and music.
He was a consultant for Richard Muther (American industrial plant researcher) and Andreas Minas-Koukoulis (who was responsible for the quality control of the airlines of Boeing Airplane Co., Gates Lear Corp and Westholt Manufacturing -USA).
He has published about 60 papers and articles in magazines. Among these are the Journal for Cleaner Production and Journal for Economic Studies.
He has been a member of the TEE (Technical Chamber of Greece) since 1991 with a license to engage in the profession of mechanical and electrical engineer and civil engineer.
He is also a member of the Association of Greek Transportation Engineers.
He is an active music composer, mainly of symphonic music and art songs, with 160 videos (with his own compositions and performances) uploaded to www.youtube.com in his own name, already achieving 160.000 views. His main research and synthetic field in this field is contemporary 21st century symphonic music. His work includes, among others, 10 symphonies, 10 concerts for solo instrument and orchestra, chamber music compositions, strings quartets, brass quartets, various instrumental and ensemble compositions, 70 classical guitar pieces he himself performs and approximately 500 songs Greek music. He is also a graduate of chanter in the Greek Orthodox church and a graduate music teacher of Byzantine and European music.
He has given a significant number of concerts with his own compositions in Greece and abroad funded by the Ministry of Culture, the former Aegean Ministry, the former Municipality of Mytilene and the former Secretariat of the Abroad Greeks.
He was also named as one of the top 100 musicians in 2017 by Cambridge-UK International Biography Center.
* Το Οικονομικό Πανεπιστήμιο Αθηνών δεν φέρει καμία ευθύνη όσον αφορά στην ακρίβεια των στοιχείων του συνοπτικού και του πλήρους βιογραφικού των μελών του προσωπικού, όπως αυτά αναρτώνται στην ιστοσελίδα του. Η ευθύνη ανήκει αποκλειστικά και μόνο στους συντάκτες των βιογραφικών σημειωμάτων.