Professor at the Department of Statistics of Athens University of Economics and Business from 22/12/2015.
Graduate of the Department of Statistics and Insurance Science (1994). He received his M.Sc. in Statistics with Application in Medicine (with distinction) from the University of Southampton (1995) and his Ph.D. from the Department of Statistics at Athens University of Economics and Business (1999). He completed his military service from May 1999 until November of 2000. He worked as temporary teaching faculty member at the Department Statistics and Actuarial Science of the University of the Aegean (2000-2001). In 2001 he earned (jointly with another candidate) the Lefkopouleion Prize for the best thesis in Statistics in Greece for the period 1999-2000 awarded by the Greek Statistical Institute. He worked a Lecturer of Quantitative Methods at the Department of Business Administration of the University of the Aegean for the period 2001-2004, and as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Statistics of the Athens University of Economics and Business from 2004 until 2011. Over the last years, he has been teaching in several postgraduate courses of the Athens University of Economics and Business (Statistics, Business Analytics, and Data Science), of the University of Athens (Biostatistics, and Estimation and Management of Professional, Environmental and Medical Risk) and of the University of the Aegean (Business Administration). He has given a number of lectures in postgraduate courses at the University of Pavia and at the Universita Catollica del Sacro Cuore (Milan, Italy) and at the Ph.D. program of Statistics at the University of Biccoca-Milan. He has served as a general secretaty of the Greek Statistical Institute for 2006 - 2007. He is creator and organizer of the grstats list (http://grstats.forumotion.net/). In 2010, his book entitled "Bayesian Modeling Using WinBUGS", published by Wiley and Sons, received honorary mention in the subject of mathematics in the PROSE (Professional and Scholarly Excellence) Awards given by the Association of American Publishers - AAP.
His research interests focus on topics of Bayesian and computational statistics, categorical data analysis, statistical modeling, model and variable selection methodology. He is also highly motivated by applications of sophisticated models in problems related with Medical research, Psychometrics, and sport analytics.
- Fouskakis, D. and Ntzoufras, I. (2015). Power-Conditional-Expected Priors: Using g-priors with Random Imaginary Data for Variable Selection. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics (forthcoming); arXiv:1307.2449 [stat.CO].
- Vitoratou, S., Ntzoufras, I. and Moustaki I. (2014). Explaining the behavior of joint and marginal Monte Carlo estimators in latent variable models with independence assumptions. Statistics and Computing (forthcoming).
- Fouskakis, D., Ntzoufras, I. and Draper, D. (2015). Power-Expected-Posterior Priors for Variable Selection in Gaussian Linear Models. Bayesian Analysis, 10, 75-107.
- Lykou, A. and Ntzoufras, I. (2013). On Bayesian Lasso Variable Selection and the Specification of the Shrinkage Parameter. Statistics and Computing, 23, 361-390.
- Dellaportas, P, Forster, J.J. and Ntzoufras, I. (2012). Joint Specification of Model Space and Parameter Space Prior Distributions. Statistical Science, 27, 232-246.
- Iliopoulos, G., Kateri, M. and Ntzoufras I. (2009). Bayesian Model Comparison for the Order Restricted RC Association Model. Psychometrika, 74, 561-587.
- Fouskakis, D., Ntzoufras, I. and Draper, D. (2009). Population Based Reversible Jump MCMC for Bayesian Variable Selection and Evaluation Under Cost Limit Restrictions. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society C (Applied Statistics), 58, 383–403.
- Fouskakis, D., Ntzoufras, I. and Draper, D. (2009). Bayesian variable selection using cost-adjusted BIC, with application to cost-effective measurement of quality of health care. Annals of Applied Statistics, 3, 663-690.
- Karlis, D. and Ntzoufras, I. (2003). Analysis of Sports Data Using Bivariate Poisson Models. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society D (Statistician), 52, 381 - 391.
- Dellaportas, P., Forster, J.J. and Ntzoufras, I. (2002). On Bayesian Model and Variable Selection Using MCMC. Statistics and Computing, 12, 27-36.
* Το Οικονομικό Πανεπιστήμιο Αθηνών δεν φέρει καμία ευθύνη όσον αφορά στην ακρίβεια των στοιχείων του συνοπτικού και του πλήρους βιογραφικού των μελών του προσωπικού, όπως αυτά αναρτώνται στην ιστοσελίδα του. Η ευθύνη ανήκει αποκλειστικά και μόνο στους συντάκτες των βιογραφικών σημειωμάτων.