Andreas Nikolopoulos is a Professor of Industrial Relations and Conflict Management at the Business Administration Department of the Athens University of Economics and Business since 2002. His studies include a BA in Business Administration from the Athens University of Economics and Business, Postgraduate studies in Business Administration from Tübingen Universität (W. Germany) and a Phd in Business Policy from Freie Universität Berlin (W. Germany).
He has worked as a Mediator and arbitrator in Industrial Relations and Conflict Management for several organizations and businesses (both public and private), with over 200 successful agreements. Some of these companies include, North Aegean Petroleum Company, IBM, Nestle, Greek Banks, Lufthansa, Olympic Airways, National Insurance Company.
In 2012, Professor Nikolopoulos launched an innovatory program in the field of negotiations, namely "Diploma in Negotiations" at the Athens University of Economics and Business. Since 2013, Diploma in Negotiations is being available also as a distance learning program in Greek and soon internationally in English.
His research interests focus in the following areas: industrial relations, conflict management and negotiations, the influence of the European Union in all of the above issues, labour law and labour economics.
- Nikolopoulos, A. (2011). "Negotiating Strategically: One Versus All", Houndmills: Palgrave MacMillan.
- "Ιnitiating Negotiations: The Role of Bargaining Power, Machiavellianism, and Risk Propensity". Group Decision and Negotiation. Vol. 22(6), pp. 1081-1001, (joint with: Kapoutsis, I., Volkema, R.), (2013).
- "Initiation Behavior in Negotiations:The Moderating Role of Motivation on the Ability-Intentionality Relationship". Negotiation and Conflict Management Research. Vol. 6(1), pp. 40-61, (joint with: Volkema, R., Kapoutsis, I.), (2013).
- "The Role of Political Tactics on the Organizational Context - Career Success Relationship". International Journal of Human Resource Management. Vol. 23(9), pp. 1908-192. (Joint with: Kapoutsis, I., Papalexandris, A., Thanos, I.), (2012).
- "Current Situation and Future Trends of the Industrial Relations System and Trade Unions in Greece. Management Revue. Vol. 23(4) (joint with Patra, E.), (2012)
- "Negotiating Strategically: One versus All", Palgrave Macmillan, Houndmills, United Kingdom (2011).
- "Politics Perceptions as Moderator of the Political Skill - Job Performance Relationship: A Two-Study, Cross-National, Constructive Replication". Journal of Vocational Behavior. Vol 78(1). pp. 123-135 (joint with: Kapoutsis, I., Papalexandris, A., Hochwarter, W., Ferris, G.), (2011).
- "Political Decision Making: Development of an Integrative Framework". European Group for Organizational Studies Conference (2008) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (joint with: Kapoutsis I.)
- "Societas Europeas: Implications and Consequences for the National States and the EU", Edited by: A. Nikolopoulos, M. Gold, N. Kluge, Peter Lange, Brussels 2007.
- "Measuring emotional conflicts and cooperation in personnel management’s decision making, International Journal of Management and Decision Making", 3, 337-352 (2002).
- "Planning the Use of Power: An Episodic Model, International Journal of Conflict Management", 6 (3), 257-272 (1995).
* Το Οικονομικό Πανεπιστήμιο Αθηνών δεν φέρει καμία ευθύνη όσον αφορά στην ακρίβεια των στοιχείων του συνοπτικού και του πλήρους βιογραφικού των μελών του προσωπικού, όπως αυτά αναρτώνται στην ιστοσελίδα του. Η ευθύνη ανήκει αποκλειστικά και μόνο στους συντάκτες των βιογραφικών σημειωμάτων.