The department of International Relations and European Educational Programmes of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) was established in 1989.
Its main objectives, first and foremost, are to carry out European Union educational programs and to undertake the organization of participation in international student fora and exhibitions. Other objectives are to organize seminars, educational visits and cultural meetings, to promote the University activities abroad and to create new cooperation with foreign higher education institutions. Specifically the Erasmus office offers various facilities and it welcomes Erasmus incoming students, offers assistance in preparing their study programmes, as well as in social integration matters, and providing counseling not only to incoming, but also to outgoing students of Erasmus+/ECTS programme.
The University is member of the European University Association (EUA), of the Community of Mediterranean Universities (CUM), of the European Association for International Education (EAIE), etc. Furthermore, the Athens University of Economics and Business participates in the JEAN MONNET Programme which has financed the establishment of a European Chair in Economics, another one in Law, a European Permanent Course in Political Science, etc.
In the context of the Erasmus+ Programme, AUEB has more than 240 interinstitutional agreements with universities throughout Europe. Student and staff mobility is based on these bilateral agreements.
More than 8000 students have participated so far in the Erasmus Programme at AUEB. From 1989 up to now approximately 4500 students have attended courses at EU partner institutions while approx. 3500 were welcomed to our university and took courses in English for one semester or one full academic year.
Students wishing to participate in Erasmus at AUEB should contact the Erasmus Office of our partner institutions and apply for this mobility. If they are selected by their home institution, they have to take into account the information provided here below and fill in all necessary forms, according to the relevant instructions. It is noticed that they should submit also an official proof of knowledge of English language.
Ms Vasiliki Papavasileiou
International Relations Office
Administrative Responsible for the ERASMUS+ Program
Telephone: +30 210-8203 270
Ms Elena Kanderaki
International Relations Office
Administrative Responsible for the ERASMUS+ Program International Credit Mobility
Telephone: +30 210-8203 250
Athens University of Economics and Business
76, Patission Street
Athens 104 34
- Report for the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program (2017 Project) at the Athens University of Economics and Business NEW
- Report for the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program (2016 Project) at the Athens University of Economics and Business
- Academic Calendar 2019-2020 NEW
- Courses offered in English, academic year 2019-2020 NEW
- AUEB Factsheet 2019-2020 NEW
- Erasmus Charter for Higher Education
- Erasmus Policy Statement
- Erasmus Partner institutions
- ECTS Users' Guide NEW
- Main University Regulations
- Erasmus Registration Requirements
- Student Application Form
- European Card of Health Insurance
- Insurance requirements under the Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program
- Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility - Visa & Residence Permit guide for exchange students and staff
- Erasmus Student Network
- Erasmus Student Charter
- AUEB's structure for the implementation and organization of European and international mobility (division of tasks, operational and communication methods)
- ECTS System
- Language Policy for Preparing Participants for Mobility
- Language Support for Incoming Students
- Mobility Achievements Recognition