AUEB in the world
Athens University of Economics and Business cooperates with more than 200 foreign universities, both through the mobility program Erasmus + for students, teaching and administrative staff, and through research and other academic programs. The students are very active in initiatives related to entrepreneurship and innovation, while the Faculty receives major awards and roles in organizations and scientific committees of international standing, fact which indicates the high quality of the research and the teaching we produce and provide.
There are 5 Master programs taught in English: MBA International (full time & part time), MSc in Accounting and Finance (full time & part time), Marketing & Communication, Specialization in International Marketing (full time), MA in Heritage Management (full time) and MSc in Business Analytics (part time). All these Programs receive annually approximately 450 international students.
- International Rankings
Athens University of Economics and Business participates in Higher Education Institutions international ranking lists for its self-improvement, as well as for transparency towards interested students from either Greece or abroad, as these lists are an important source of information.
- International Accreditations
Some of AUEB’s Graduate Programs hold very important accreditations, which demonstrate the high quality of their studies, as well as their international nature:
Program Accreditation Details MBA International
AMBA is an international independent organization on postgraduate education in business administration. Founded in 1967, it sets the global standards of accreditation for MBA, DBA and MBM programs. Since then, AMBA has already certified more than 700 programs in 202 universities in 70 countries. The Association of MBAs operates a connection platform between certified universities, students and their graduates and the business community, which includes companies from more than 110 countries.
MSc in Accounting and Finance
ACCA is the largest international organization relating to registered auditors with 147,000 members worldwide and more than 424,000 candidates in 170 countries. Students of the MSc in Accounting & Finance receive exemption from certain modules and as a result, they can complete this certification utilizing their studies at AUEB.
This certification is given to the MSc programs, whose curriculum contains at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). The MSc provides students with a solid base and equip them to participate in the CFA exam.
- Memberships in international organizations and networks
Member since: 2013
In February 2013, AUEB signed the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME). This initiative supports business schools and universities around the world, which want to gradually adapt their curricula, research, teaching methodologies and strategies, according to corporate responsibility and sustainability (CSR).
2006 - International MBA
2007 – Dep. of Management Science and Technology
2013 - AUEB
Global Compact was created in July 2000. It provides a framework for organizations that wish to align their operations with 10 universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
Member since: 2010
AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) is a global, non-profit organization comprised of educational institutions, businesses and other organizations, aiming to improve Management education. Founded in 1916, today it offers a range of products and services – including accreditation - helping them to continuously optimize their curricula.
Member since: 1991
EUA is the largest and most representative organization of Universities in Europe, which are attended by about 17 million students. EUA promotes important issues relating to Universities and enables institutions to share best practices, to tackle common challenges and to raise issues in the European Union and Parliament.
Since 2014, the Rector of AUEB Prof. Mr. K. Gatsios is a member of the Council of EUA.
Member since: 1997
The purpose of ASECU (Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region) is to promote the interests of economic universities in Southeast Europe and the Black Sea, as well as the exchange of good practices and know-how between them.
Member since: 2011
HERMES (Higher Education and Research in Management of European universities) is a strategic partnership between 20 universities in 13 countries aiming to create joint Management programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level.
- Memberships in international organizations and networks
- 2014 award for "Outstanding International Student Satisfaction" by StudyPortals. The award is based on reviews of thousands of students from EU universities studying abroad.
- Recognition by the European Commission as a University role-model on the issues of promoting entrepreneurship and employability in their publication: "Modernization of Higher Education in Europe: Access, Retention and Employability 2014".
- Award of Erasmus + 2014-2020 charter, which testifies our long and successful journey in the Erasmus program regarding mobility of students, faculty and administrative staff.
- EFQM Commitment to Excellence awards:
- 2012: for the entire Institution
- 2010: for MSc Marketing and Communication
- 2008: for MSc in Human Resource Management
- ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) is applied to all undergraduate and graduate programs.
- All students are provided with the Diploma Supplement, for free, upon graduation, in Greek and in English, fact which supports their career development abroad.
- For incoming students Greek courses are offered, and through the Students’ Unit and the normal studies curriculum, students have the opportunity to attend foreign language classes in: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Chinese and Russian.
- Award of AMBA Innovation Award 2013 from AMBA.
- Award by the European Commission in 2013 as a National Winner for the role of AUEB in strengthening Entrepreneurship.
- Business Confucius Institute is based in AUEB. BCI is the third in Europe, along with those chapters in the London School of Economics and Copenhagen Business School. BCI every year organized the annual conference of Hellenic-Chinese Business Partnering with great success.
- Award of "The most Innovative Business School in Southern Europe", by the organization European CEO in 2010.
- Since 2010, there is an International Entrepreneurship Chair in AUEB in collaboration with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
Moreover, students of AUEB participate in international competitions, thus having the opportunity to learn and compete with colleagues from foreign institutions. Some examples of these competitions are: the Global Management Challenge Business Game, the Brandstorm Business Game of L 'Oreal, the Global Algorithmic Trading Competition, from University College London, the Data Mining Cup, and the International MBA Case Competition of the Aspen Institute . Finally, the chapters of international student-run organizations, such as AIESEC, AEGEE and Erasmus Student Network are located in AUEB and further create an international experience for the students’ daily life.