SENIOR – ACCOUNTING ADVISORY SERVICES | DELOITTE
We are currently seeking for enthusiastic team players to become part of our dynamic Assurance (Accounting Advisory) team in our offices in Athens. Deloitte expands its Accounting Advisory team, having great ambitions for the future and wanting you to be a part of surging our Accounting Advisory practice in Greece.
Our Accounting Advisory provides a variety of services responding to our clients’ needs, exploiting our experience and expertise. We mainly provide Accounting Advisory services in relation to complex accounting treatments under IFRS / US GAAP / Greek GAAP, implementation of new accounting standards & GAAP conversion. In addition, we help our clients in areas relating to financial controls by performing accounting diagnostics and providing business process solutions. Our palette of services also includes the Disruptive Events Assurance, covering aspects such as IPO readiness, mergers, acquisitions & carve outs as well as Business Assurance.
Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to enhance their skills and work efficiently, under the supervision of more experienced team members. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class client delivery organization that is part of one of the world's premier consulting firms.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, both in Greece and abroad, you're ready for Deloitte!
Your role as a Senior in our Accounting Advisory team will focus on the provision of accounting advisory services to clients, applying high level technical expertise on relevant accounting standards.
In this role, you will develop your technical skills, you will build relationships and exercise your communication skills in order to positively influence your peers and other stakeholders. You will commit to personal learning and development by actively seeking opportunities for growth, you will share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador, embracing our purpose and values in order to put these into practice in your professional life.
During your tenure as a Senior, you will demonstrate and develop the ability to:
• Provide technical accounting advice and support to clients on complex accounting issues (e.g., consolidation and business combinations, revenue recognition, etc.);
• Advice clients on the implementation of new accounting standards;
• Support clients on conversions to IFRS/US GAAP/Greek GAAP;
• Produce high-quality work products and collaborate with your manager to deliver a superior client expertise;
• Cooperate with other Deloitte service lines on multi-disciplinary projects;
• Deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instill confidence in clients;
• Apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving.
Specifically, candidates should possess the following attributes:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience (i.e. accounting advisory or IFRS reporting, external audit) in an audit & consulting firm;
• University degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration and/or related subject;
• Relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) in progress or completed;
• Master’ degree from top-tier universities in Accounting & Finance or related subject will be considered an asset;
• Good knowledge of IFRS and Greek GAAP;
• Knowledge of US GAAP will be considered as an asset;
• Proficient user of MS Office;
• Strong oral and written Greek & English language communication skills;
• Military obligations fulfilled for male candidates.
#AboutAssurance (Accounting Advisory)
At Deloitte, Assurance is the insight we provide and the trust our work inspires. We leverage the skillsets of accounting professionals to enhance stakeholder confidence in client decisions that drive markets and organizations. In a quickly changing and complex world where new risks emerge all the time, the focus on Assurance actively explores new points of view and fresh ways to generate valuable insights. Deloitte provides assurance on complex accounting matters, transactional events, finance organizations, internal financial controls, and on an ever-expanding range of topics.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and Legal. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Greece and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
We are led by a purpose, to make an impact that matters with clients, people and society. This purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It's not about being the biggest. It’s about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture.
OUR TALENT EXPERIENCE
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the center of our unique talent experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
Sounds like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
All applications will be considered without distinction, in accordance with our values and in line with our inclusive culture.