ECONOMIC MODELLER – ANALYST | E3-MODELLING
We are looking for a motivated expert to join our Economics and Climate Policy team. The role will entail solid technical skills and a strong interest in the evaluation of the impact of EU/international energy, climate policies in the economy by using a Computable General Equilibrium Model.
- Delivery of high-standing international consulting projects for clients including the European Commission, national governments, and large companies.
- Participation in EU-funded research projects focusing on climate mitigation, just transition and energy policies.
- Model use and development to support complex energy, climate, and economic policy assessment projects.
- Data input preparation and model output analysis.
- Hold MSc and BSc degrees in engineering, applied mathematics and/or economics.
- Proven work and/or research experience in the field of energy/climate policy analysis, economics, and quantitative methods.
- Experience in operations research, mathematical programming, optimization modelling or general software programming is an asset.
- Demonstrated data management skills, including the ability to use programming tools, preferably GAMS or Python or R for modelling.
- Be an excellent user of MS Office, with emphasis on MS Excel (including VBA).
- Be proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Have a good understanding of European and/or international energy and environmental policy issues and of fundamentals of economic theory.
- Have a detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proven writing skills gained through (co-) authorship of academic articles, technical and/or policy reports in English is an asset.