RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - POWER MARKETS MODELLER | E3-MODELLING
Do you have solid technical skills and a strong interest in European and international energy policy, with a special focus on the industrial sectors and industrial processes?
We are looking for self-driven, motivated modellers to join our EU offices, Athens, Madrid, or Berlin and work alongside our energy system modelling team on high-standing consulting projects for international organisations, national governments, and the private sector.
In this position you will perform quantitative research to support various activities of the PRIMES energy system model. More specifically, you will:
- Operate, maintain and further develop the power sector and the electricity markets models PRIMES modeling suite.
- Collect, structure, maintain and analyze large datasets with relevance for energy, economy, power sector and electricity markets.
- Design solutions for improving data workflows and quality assurance processes related to modelling.
- Be part of international research projects and liaise with other research groups.
- Draft short papers or presentations based on model results.
- Hold a BSc and/or MSc or PhD degree in engineering, economics, applied mathematics or physics or other relevant disciplines.
- Proven work and/or research experience in the field of energy systems modelling, focusing on the power sector and electricity markets.
- Demonstrated data management skills, including the ability to use programming tools, preferably GAMS or Python or R for modelling.
- Be an excellent user of MS Office, with emphasis on MS Excel (including VBA).
- Be proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Have a detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proven writing skills gained through (co-) authorship of academic articles, technical and/or policy reports in English is an asset.