DATA PROTECTION / BUSINESS CONTINUITY ASSOCIATE | PWC
Due to the continued growth of our practice, we are now recruiting a Data Protection / Business Continuity Associate in our internal Risk Management team in Athens. A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You’ll focus on directing compliance of information protection and resilience to our firm’s intellectual assets.
Your role will closely support the Data Protection Officer and Business Continuity Manager for Greece. You will collaborate with both the global, local teams and the network of firms to support issue resolution and drive progress against our organizational goals. This will include working on global activities that we are implementing and building relationships with the member firm resources to gain insight into their local priorities and ensure alignment with the global programme.
AS PART OF OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection and Privacy Laws and Regulations.
- Contribute to the management / development / evaluation / deployment of Data Protection strategies from a Risk Management perspective including drafting of privacy policies, technology provisions and outsourcing agreements.
- Review documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures.
- Develops and executes IT disaster recovery strategies and solutions.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- Analyze impact on and risk to essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related discipline.
- Up to 2 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication skills and sense of urgency.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Google Workspace.
- Knowledge of Data Protection legislation (GDPR), privacy laws and other industry standards (e.g., ISO 22301) would be considered as a plus.
- Military obligations fulfilled.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality. At PwC, you will have:
- Continuous training and career development opportunities whilst learning from a wide range of top professionals.
- The chance to handle different projects within and across different Lines of Service and Business Units in PwC.
- Access to a global network of firms.
- Benefits such as life and medical plan, mobile phone, rewards and recognition schemes, flexible working program.
WHO WE ARE
PwC in Greece is the largest professional services firm in the country, with premises in Athens, Thessaloniki and soon in Patras and approximately 1,650 employees. More than 295,000 people in 156 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. This enables us to provide top-quality industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to our clients.