DATA ENGINEERING MANAGER | PWC
At PwC Greece, we believe change is the new constant. An enterprise’s ability to innovate, adopt new technology and disrupt the status quo is a core capability needed to thrive. We support and guide clients to disrupt their existing business models. Innovative mindsets and human ingenuity are always welcome. This is why we are looking for you.
If you are a tech-oriented problem solver with motivation to learn, someone willing to collaborate with different teams across PwC Greece, a good communicator with high emotional intelligence and someone willing to take ownership beyond the obvious, then you are the one!
Due to the continued growth of our practices, we are now recruiting a Data Engineering Manager for our team. We embrace the flexibility of our employees, hence we are looking for candidates from all over Greece, who can work remotely for our clients.
Examples of tasks you will work on as part of the team
● Working closely with a talented team of data engineers, visualization experts and app developers to solve important and challenging problems for clients and internal teams within Greece and abroad
● Interpreting business requirements into data innovating solutions
● Interpreting written business requirements into technical specification documents
● Analyzing source data, understanding relationships, hierarchies, groups, trends etc.
● Deciding the solution’s architecture and selecting the right components
● Designing the architecture of the ETL/ELT jobs by utilizing and combining available components and tools
● Leading the Implementation and optimization of a Data Model
● Optimizing current infrastructure and ETL/ELT jobs
● Documenting and communicating your findings as well as training colleagues and clients alike with best practices in your field
What we are looking for
● Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Engineering and any other relevant field
● Minimum 5 years proven experience in this field is a must
● Experience with leading data engineering platforms is highly appreciated
● Knowledge of relational database platforms including SSIS (or Data factory) and SSAS (or Azure Analysis services).
● Experience in advanced SQl and Python (or Scala) language syntax
● Experience in cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure or AWS) is preferred
● Knowledge of complex data flows through dedicated Integration tools like Azure Data Factory, Databricks or SSIS is required
● Experience in working with large data sets will be considered a plus
● Experience with Financial sector will be considered a plus
● Familiarity with logical and conceptual data models
● Azure Data Engineer certificate (or equivalent) will be considered a plus
● Azure Solution Architect (or equivalent) will be considered a plus
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality work.
BEING PART OF OUR TEAM INCLUDES
- Hybrid working model
- Competitive total compensation package
- Health and life insurance
- Dress for the day - wear what makes you feel comfortable and dress for your day
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Extra days of annual leave
- Wellness Initiatives like gym sessions & nutritionist
- Actions Teams eligible to participate (e.g. Running, Trekking)
- Career development opportunities & continuous training whilst learning from a wide range of top professionals and through tailor made training programmes
- Global mobility opportunities
If you're looking for a team that values your work and solves meaningful problems, apply now!
We believe the best work is human-led and tech-powered. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
WHO WE ARE
PwC in Greece is the largest professional services firm in the country, with premises in Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras, Ioannina and Rhodes and more than 2,000 employees. More than 328,000 people in 152 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. PwC Greece exists to provide top-quality industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to industry leading clients.
Don’t miss the opportunity to develop yourself and grow your career in the global leading professional services firm in Greece.
All applicants will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.