SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST | PWC
At PwC Greece, we believe change is the new constant. An enterprise’s ability to innovate, adopt new technology and disrupt the status quo is a core capability needed to thrive. We support and guide clients to disrupt their existing business models. Innovative mindsets and human ingenuity are always welcome. This is why we are looking for you
If you are a tech-oriented problem solver with motivation to learn, someone willing to collaborate with different teams across PwC Greece, a good communicator with high emotional intelligence and someone willing to take ownership beyond the obvious, then you are the one!
At PwC, we believe that combining data processing, analytics and decision science with PwC’s industry expertise can unlock the potential of our clients and enable data driven business solutions with a tremendous business impact. PwC Data Science and Analytics advisors work with clients to solve various business problems or spot unidentified issues using advanced data processing, analytics methodologies and technologies. Due to the continued growth of our practices, we are now recruiting a Senior Data Scientist for our team utilizing the hybrid style of working.
Examples of tasks you will work on as part of the team
● Understand our client’s business needs and propose appropriate advanced data analytics approaches to reach optimal solutions.
● Deploy appropriate data processing and statistical software programming skills to manipulate, analyze and model large volumes of data and get valuable insights of customers’ and companies’ behavior.
● Contribute to creative discoveries, when structuring formless data and investigating patterns.
● Lead or be part of challenging projects covering a broad range of various functions of the top organizations in Greece and/or abroad.
● Accelerate business options and propose game-changing solutions to our clients.
● Create targeted presentations to communicate the insights and key messages of your findings so you maximize client project’s values.
● Be continuously updated and informed about methodologies and technologies in the field of data processing, analysis and predictive modelling.
● Be a key member of the Data Science and Analytics team and contribute to the research and development of the team.
What we are looking for
● Bachelor or Master degree in Applied Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Operational Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or other related field with strong quantitative background from a leading local or overseas University (a PhD would be a plus).
● Relevant experience of at least 3-5 years.
● Experience in managing, exploring and analyzing large volumes of data covering all modelling phases from model design to model validation.
● Hands-on experience in a variety of advanced statistical modeling and machine learning techniques: generalized linear models, clustering, classification, time series, tree based algorithms, and optimization.
● Excellent programming skills in at least one modern programming language (Python, R, etc.). Experience with cloud computing environments such as Microsoft Azure or distributed computing platforms such as Hadoop and Spark will be an asset.
● Predictive modelling background and willingness to continuously be updated with advanced predictive modelling methodologies.
● Familiar with Agile Methodologies.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
At PwC is all about people, encouraging high performance and quality work.
BEING PART OF OUR TEAM INCLUDES
- Hybrid working model
- Competitive total compensation package
- Health and life insurance
- Dress for the day - wear what makes you feel comfortable and dress for your day
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Extra days of annual leave
- Wellness Initiatives like gym sessions & nutritionist
- Actions Teams eligible to participate (e.g. Running, Trekking)
- Career development opportunities & continuous training whilst learning from a wide range of top professionals and through tailor made training programmes
- Global mobility opportunities
If you're looking for a team that values your work and solves meaningful problems, apply now!
We believe the best work is human-led and tech-powered. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
WHO WE ARE
PwC in Greece is the largest professional services firm in the country, with premises in Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras, Ioannina and Rhodes and more than 2,000 employees. More than 328,000 people in 152 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. PwC Greece exists to provide top-quality industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to industry leading clients.
Don’t miss the opportunity to develop yourself and grow your career in the global leading professional services firm in Greece.
All applicants will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.